Sunday 13 November 2011

Sick. Nervous. Slipping.

I'm really nervous for race day. Just have to get that off my chest.

I had a really bad cold and missed almost 2 solid weeks of runs. I'm nervous because the course is pretty hilly and running in my vibrams on hills is a challenge. As I said before, when I run up or down hill my toes slip out of their pockets and it makes running at a quick pace a bit of a challenge. I had planned some hilly runs to practice so I wouldn't be as frustrated on race day but I have now missed those runs.

My goal is to go under 52 minutes. I figured that was pretty solid easy goal since I did it in the first 10k of First Half in Feb and I figured if I could do it then and then still run 11k it should be easy enough to just do it and then be done. Now I worry that with the toe slipping it won't happen. I guess it's not a big deal. I just like beating goals. Having had personal bests in all my races this year I wanted to really push it on the 10k. I've never actually trained for a 10k before, it's usually a part of training for something else. My current best (official) 10k time is 55:17 on the same race, different course though I think, that was also in 2006 so at this point it's really like comparing apples and oranges. 

I'm sure what ever happens I'll end up having a fun day as usual, no matter what my finishing time ends up being.

No comments:

Post a Comment